Getting to Ardnamurchan
The Ardnamurchan and Morvern Peninsulas may be remote, but are accessible by boat, bus or boots.
You will find us on the West Coast of the Scottish Highlands, due west of Fort William. There are regular national rail and bus services to Fort William, from where a car can be hired or you can catch the daily bus.
Driving in Ardnamurchan includes some single tracks, which can be daunting, so please take your time, pull over to appreciate the local scenery and allow other faster drivers to pass.
Google map showing useful locations on Ardnamurchan below
Zoom the map by using the + and - controls or move the slider up or down. Move the map by using the arrow keys or by clicking and dragging to the new position.
Useful Travel Links
- Ferry Timetables for Corran Ferry crossings between Onich near Fort William and Ardgour, Ardnamurchan.
- Caledonian MacBrayne runs ferry services from Ardnamurchan to the Isle of Mull.
- Local Bus Services link with national routes and provide public transport within Ardnamurchan.
- Citylink bus travel within Scotland.
- Scotrail Railway travel in Scotland, also sleeper services from London.
- Kilchoan (Ferry Stores) Tel: 01972 510201
Open Monday - Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.30pm
- Lochaline (Post Office & Store) Tel: 01967 421220
Open: Monday - Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sunday 11.00am to 2.00pm
- Strontian (Post Office) Tel: 01967 402135
Open: Monday - Friday 8.00am to 7.00pm, Sunday 10.30am to 6.00pm